Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) Committee oversees all activities that support the DE&I efforts of the College and provides recommendations to the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, Diversity and Inclusion. The committee and sub-committees work throughout the year to make recommendations and implement strategies to address DE&I in Assessment and Planning, College Mission, Curriculum Development, Awareness and Programming, Employee and Student Training, Representation, Recruitment, and Mentorship.
To provide advice and/or counsel to the Chancellor and the College Leadership Committee through the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, Diversity and Inclusion, on all matters related to DE&I policies and programs.
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee provides information to the College Leadership Committee through the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, Diversity and Inclusion.
Monthly; Subcommittee meetings as needed.
Robert’s Rules of Order
- Committee Head: Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, Diversity and Inclusion
- Chair (2-year term limit): The committee chair/co-chair is appointed by the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, Diversity & Inclusion based on the recommendation of the DE&I committee members.
- Recorder (2-year limit): By appointment
Members: The committee will consist of a variety of members from various backgrounds. The following groups must be represented:
Student Affairs Member
Accessibility Services Member (Staff or Student)
Human Resources Member
College Leadership Member
Special Populations Member (Workforce, Adult Education, Youthbuild)
Member from the following locations: Sullivan Campus, Florida Parishes Campus, Hammond Area Campus, Livingston Campus, Lacombe Campus, and Connect to Success Program.
In addition, we will assess for the need for additional diversity within the committee (ex. race, gender, ethnicity, etc.)
Standing Subcommittees of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee are as follows:
- Assessment and Planning: Chair – Paul Donaldson
- Mission Statement and Curriculum: Chair – April Lavergne
- Conversation, Awareness and Programming: Chair – Danaty Moses
- Representation, Recruitment and Mentorship: Chair – Owen Smith
Members: Sub-committee leads must be a member of the DE&I committee, however sub-committee members do not have to be members of the DE&I committee.