Register for Courses
Northshore students can utilize the guides and resources below to help with course registration. If at anytime you need assistance, visit with a friendly staff member at one of our campuses in the Student Affairs office or schedule an advising appointment.
Fall 2021 Registration:
- March 29-30th: Priority registration period for veterans and active duty military
- March 31st: Open Registration Period
- August 18th: First Day of Fall Semster
Applied too late? Click here for Second Start Session courses!
How to Register for Courses in LoLA
View our quick video for an overview of how to register for courses through your LoLA account.
- Log onto LoLA
- Select Student
- Locate Academic Links Block
- Select Registration
- Select Register for Classes
- Select Term in the Search by Term Field
- Locate or Add Courses you would like to register for:
- Find Classes
- Enter the information for the course(s) you want to register in.
- Find the section you want to register in.
- Click the ADD button to add to the summary section.
- Once all courses are entered, click the Submit button in the Summary Section in the lower right hand side of the screen.
- Enter CRN
- Click Add to Summary
- Click Add Another CRN, if applicable
- Once all CRNs are entered, click the Submit button in the Summary Section in the lower right hand side of the screen
If all registration requirements are met, the status of the course will change from “Pending” to “Registered”.
Registration Code Legend
When you search for courses through a basic search on LoLA, you will come across a search results screen which looks similar to this image below. You may find yourself a bit confused on what the codes in some of the search fields mean. Review our "code legend" below for a more clear description:
Campus Code (Cmp):
- LA = Sullivan Campus (Bogalusa)
- LB = Florida Parishes Campus (Greensburg)
- LC = Hammond Area Campus (Near Airport)
- LE = Livingston Campus (Walker)
- LF = Lacombe Campus
- LI = Southeastern Instructional Center (Connect to Success)
- LZ = NTCC Online
- LAA = Sullivan Campus (Bogalusa) - Main Building
- LBA = Florida Parishes Campus (Greensburg) - Main Building
- LCA = Hammond Area Campus - Main Building
- LEA = Livingston Campus - Main Building
- LFA = Lacombe Campus - Main Building
- LIOFF1 = SLU - North Campus - Main Building