Federal Work Study Program
Do you want to work on campus? The Federal Work Study program offers qualifying students flexible work schedules, options to reduce student loans and an opportunity to gain valuable work experience.
Northshore technical Community College will be participating in the Federal Work Study Program for the 2017-18 school year. The Federal Work Study Program is funded by The Department of education to provide valuable campus base employment opportunities to eligible students. A student may only be eligible for consideration for work study funding if they demonstrate financial need during the financial aid awarding process and meet other criteria outline in the Eligibility and Requirements.
Federal Work Study Application
Eligibility and Requirements:
To be eligible for FWS, students must meet all of the following requirements:
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each academic year.
- Demonstrate financial need annually as determined by the FAFSA and the financial aid awarding process.
- Meet all federal aid eligibility requirements as mandated by the Department of Education.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Maintain half-time enrollment status (minimum of 6 credit hours per semester) in a degree granting program.
- Complete all new hire paperwork and employment forms prior to begin working a work-study position.