Technology is everywhere at Northshore Technical Community College and plays an important role in the functioning of our campus and each department. The Information Technology department is dedicated to delivering high quality services to students, faculty, and staff.
The Help Desk is the first stop for all questions and issues regarding E-Learning, Financial Aid, IT Support and Student Affairs.
The knowledgebase contains a wealth of knowledge that should answer most questions. Most issues can be resolved with it before needing to submit a helpdesk ticket.
NTCC has designated the college email as an official method of communication with students regarding topics of an academic or administrative nature. Upon admission, the college assigns an email account to each student and expects the student to be responsible for all information sent to him or her via their student email.
- All students will need to reset their password with the GatorMail Password Reset Tool before logging in to their College email account for the first time.
- Go to https://password.northshorecollege.edu or click the GatorMail Password Reset Tool icon located in the GatorMail link at the top of the College website.
- Enter your Domain User Name which is the SAME as your LoLA Username.
- Example: Username@My.NorthshoreCollege.Edu
Students taking online courses for the first time are required to view the Canvas Student Orientation prior to the start of class. Student taking face-to-face classes are encourage to complete the Canvas Student Orientation as well. Instructor may use Canvas to post course syllabus, announcements, assignments, quizzes, tests, exams, grades, and other important information. For help with using Canvas, click on the "Help" link located on the left side menu bar of your screen while in Canvas (a live person will help you 24/7) by a using the Canvas Support Toll-Free Hotline or a Chat with Canvas Support.
Respondus Monitor is a companion product for LockDown Browser that offers students the ability to take an online exam at any time and at a location of their choosing with the test session being recorded for later review by faculty. Monitor serves as an alternative to live proctoring, while still helping to protect the integrity of online exams at NTCC.
- Respondus LockDown Browser Video
- Do Not Use the "Student Version" of the LockDown Browser for NTCC-owned computers; the Lab Edition has already been installed on them.
- Computer Requirements for installations of Respondus Lockdown Browser
- For help with Respondus LockDown Browser & Monitor, please use the Respondus Student Help page.
Northshore Technical Community College provides students with a user account for accessing the technology resources provided by the college. Please on the "Student Login Information Guide" link above to go directly to that page.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.