Skip to Main Content

Satisfactory Academic Progress

What happens if I withdraw or fail all of my classes?

The Federal Student Aid you receive is for your use while you are a student at Northshore Technical Community College. Federal law states that if you stop being a student for any reason before completing 60% of the semester, the government requires the “unearned” portion of that money be repaid immediately. This includes officially and unofficially withdrawing from classes.

If you unofficially withdraw (stop attending classes without completing a withdrawal form), you will also be subject to have to repay funds. The amount of aid to be returned will be based on your last documented day of attendance at one of your scheduled classes.

How do withdrawals affect Students' Academic Progress?

Although a student may elect to withdraw from class/classes, these withdrawals are still factored into the student’s completion rate. Excessive withdrawals will have a negative impact on your financial aid eligibility. The completion rate is defined in Northshore Technical Community College’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.