Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Beta Phi Zeta Chapter
The Beta Phi Zeta chapter of Phi Theta Kappa was chartered at Northshore Technical Community College on April 20, 2015. The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa is recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunity for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.
Phi Theta Kappa's mission is two-fold:
- Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and;
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming.
Eligibility for Membership
- You must be enrolled in a program at Northshore Technical Community College.
- You must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree at NTCC.
- You must generally have a grade point average of at least 3.25.
- You must receive an invitation to membership from the NTCC Chapter of PTK
- You must adhere to the moral standards of the society.
Membership in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society guarantees you access to benefits that will recognize your outstanding academic accomplishments and provide you with the competitive edge that helps ensure future success. These benefits are unmatched by any other collegiate honor society.
Membership recognizes your academic success
- The Phi Theta Kappa Golden Key Membership Pin
- A Phi Theta Kappa Membership Certificate and ID Card
- Recognition during college induction ceremony
- The official Seal of Phi Theta Kappa placed on your college diploma
- Notation of membership on your college transcript
- Recognition by wearing Phi Theta Kappa Commencement Regalia during college graduation and other official ceremonies (all Beta Phi Zeta chapter members will receive PTK honor cords at graduation).
Membership empowers you with a competitive edge
- $37 million in scholarships for members only
- FREE enrollment in CollegeFish.org, a transfer and college completion planning tool
- FREE access to Five Star Competitive Edge, a personal and professional development plan for building marketable skills and an online portfolio
- FREE access to our Career Resource Center
- Opportunity to be published in Phi Theta Kappa's anthology, Nota Bene
- Opportunities to develop research and servant leadership skills by participating in Honors in Action programming in local chapter
- Opportunity to become part of a network of over 3 million fellow scholars and servant leaders on more than 1,285 campuses worldwide
- Increased pay grade for entry level federal jobs
- Personalized letters of recommendation for scholarships and employment
- Special benefits and offers from Phi Theta Kappa corporate partners
- Dr. Jim Carlson—Vice Chancellor of Strategic Initiatives & External Affairs
- Dr. Lizette Leader—Associate Provost of Academics/Connect to Success
- Mr. Christopher Chandler—Instructor of English (CTS – SLU Campus)
- Ms. Amy Fleming—Department Chair, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences/Asst. Professor of English (CTS – SLU Campus)
- Ms. Dawn Brownlow—Instructor of Business Office Technology (CTS – SLU Campus)
- Ms. Beth Alford—Asst. Professor of Math (Lacombe Campus)
- Ms. Natasha Foret—Reconnect to Success Coordinator (CTS – SLU Campus)
- Amanda Jacob—Instructor of English (Lacombe Campus)
- Mr. Adam Meier—Instructor of History (CTS – SLU Campus)
- NTCC Initiation - The initiation ceremony is scheduled for Thursday, March 26, 2020, at Northshore Technical Community College’s Lacombe Campus, located at 65556 Centerpoint Blvd, Lacombe, LA 70445. A light reception will be held after the ceremony.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.