College Master Syllabi
The master syllabus for a course is a framework upon which individual faculty build the syllabus for their particular course sections.
For the sake of ensuring complete and consistent communication to students, the college has identified a set of items that all course syllabi are expected to contain. The goal is to provide all NTCC students clear statements of the course expectations, requirements, and policies that may (among many other factors, of course) help them to succeed in the class. In addition, having such statements in the syllabus can prove critical when responding to student concerns regarding grades or other issues. Many of these statements, particularly those for policies (such as for withdrawal, for example) will be consistent across courses and even across the college, while other items, such as class times or office hours, will of course vary from section to section.
There are no particular expectations regarding the order, arrangement, or style in which these items are presented in the syllabus, but a checklist is available that lists all of the items in a sequence that many faculty might find useful.
Master Syllabi by Program
Division of Academics:
- Business Office Administration Master Syllabi
- Criminal Justice Master Syllabi
- Culinary Arts & Occupations Master Syllabi
- Information Technology Master Syllabi
Division of Health Sciences & Nursing:
- Care & Development of Young Children Master Syllabi
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Master Syllabi
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Master Syllabi
- Medical Assistant Master Syllabi
- Patient Care Technician Master Syllabi
- Pharmacy Technician Master Syllabi
- Practical Nursing Master Syllabi
- Veterinary Technology Master Syllabi
Division of Technical Studies:
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Master Syllabi
- Automotive Technology Master Syllabi
- Building Technology Specialist Master Syllabi
- Diesel Powered Equipment Technology Master Syllabi
- Drafting & Design Technology Master Syllabi
- Electric Line Technology Master Syllabi
- Electrician Master Syllabi
- Machine Tool Technology Master Syllabi
- Maritime Technology Master Syllabi
- Welding Master Syllabi
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.