St. Tammany Parish Adult Education
Adult Education / HiSET Prep in St. Tammany Parish
TWO Locations in St. Tammany to serve you.
Send an Email
61134 N. Military Road
Slidell, LA 70461
65556 Centerpoint Boulevard
Lacombe, LA 70445
Fill out the pre-registration form here.
- All students must attend testing and orientation before starting class. (schedule below)
- Based on placement test scores, DAY students will be assigned their class time. (Class A, B or C)
- Classes will begin the week following orientation/testing for Sessions 1 & 2. Session 3 class start is TBA.
- 16 and 17 year olds must present an approved age waiver from the school board office & picture ID at testing.
- 18 year olds must present an official drop slip from the last school attended & picture ID at testing.
- All students must present a picture ID at testing.
- Must be 18 years or older to attend evening classes.
- Students should bring a lunch/snacks on testing day.
Completing both Registration and Placement Testing days (2 days) is required to successfully enroll in class.
August 13 (9:00 am - 2:00 pm) & August 14 (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
September 3 (9:00 am - 2:00 pm) & September 4 (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
October 28 (9:00 am - 2:00 pm) & October 29 (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
January 14 (9:00 am - 2:00 pm) & January 15 (9:00 am - 3:00 pm)
February 17 (9:00 am - 2:00 pm) & February 18 (9:00 am - 3:00 pm)
March 16 (9:00 am - 2:00 pm) & March 17 (9:00 am - 3:00 pm)(Cancelled, future date TBD)
Requirements for Enrollment:
- LA Compulsory School Attendance Law: RS17-221 states that any child under the age of 18 must be enrolled in a Public or Private Day School unless they graduate prior to their 18th Birthday.
- Must have a Valid Government issued ID Card to complete Intake Assessment Test.
- 18 Year Old Students must produce an Official Drop Slip from the last High School attended; for Home School students that are 18 YO must provide a copy of their last Home School Application.
- Students under the age of 18 are not eligible to enroll without an approved Waiver from their local School Board. Please contact your office of Child Welfare and Attendance for Waiver forms. Completed Waiver (AWR-1) forms must be submitted to the Adult Education Director by the School Board prior to enrollment. Please use this link to access the LCTCS web page for Waiver information.
- There is no cost to the student for classes at this time. However, all students are required to bring a binder with loose leaf paper and pencils for working on assignments. All books and related material will be provided by the Program.
- All Home School Students under 18 YO desiring to enter Adult Ed are required to submit a AWR-2 Waiver to the local Child Welfare & Attendance Office. Please review LCTCS web page for Waiver Information. Only Home School Students with a DOE Approved Diploma are exempt from the Waiver Requirement. LA Home School Information
- Students that completed YCP and have a Certificate are allowed to enter during any Registration without prior approval regardless of age.
Further information on the LA High School Equivalency & HiSET Testing Program requirements can be found on the following link: HiSET Testing Requirements for LA Residents.