Tangipahoa Parish Adult Education
Adult Education / HiSET Prep at our Hammond Area Campus
111 Pride Drive
Hammond, LA 70401
(985) 545-1528 / (985) 545-1527
Send an email
A complete listing of orientation dates occurring January 2024 - March 2024 for day classes is found on our departmental webpage.
Visit https://www.northshorecollege.edu/workreadyu to see the orientations dates at our Hammond location.
The Fall 2023 sessions are no longer enrolling new students.
Requirements for Enrollment:
- LA Compulsory School Attendance Law: RS17-221 states that any child under the age of 18 must be enrolled in a Public or Private Day School unless they graduate prior to their 18th Birthday.
- Must have a Valid Government issued ID Card to complete placement testing for intake assessment purposes.
- Students at least 16 years of age, and under 18 years of age are not eligible to enroll without an approved Waiver from their local School Board. Please contact your office of Child Welfare and Attendance/ Student Services for Waiver forms. Completed Waiver (AWR-2 Revised 03/16/2021) forms must be submitted to the Adult Education staff at the time of placement testing.
- There is no cost to the student for classes at this time. However, all students are expected to provide their own school supplies for completing assignments and engaging in the learning process. All curriculum related material will be provided by the Program.
- All Home School Students between the ages of 16 and less than the age of 18,that desire to enter Adult Ed are required to have an approved Age Waiver from the local Child Welfare & Attendance Office. Per BESE Policy 741: 1103 B.3.b if the local school district denies the request to exit homeschool status to attend adult education, the student may request a waiver from the adult education provider. Students must present documentation from the Louisiana Department of Education that they have been accepted into homeschool status for a minimum of six months.
- Students that completed YCP and have a Certificate, and have not returned to a K-12 school are allowed to enter during any Oreintation without prior approval regardless of age. Individuals that have completed YCP, and return to a K-12 school are subject to the age waiver process if under 18 years of age, or must present proof of cessation of enrollment if 18 or older.
- Further information on the LA HiSET Testing Program requirements can be found on the following link: HiSET Test Requirements for LA (https://hiset.ets.org/requirements/state/la ). In addition, the full slate of Louisiana High School Equivalency options can be found at https://lahse.lctcs.edu/
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.