Tangipahoa Parish Adult Education
Adult Education / HiSET Prep at our Hammond Area Campus
111 Pride Drive
Hammond, LA 70401
(985) 545-1528 / (985) 545-1527
Send an email
Orientation and placement testing for Fall 2021 is now closed.
* Program offerings and the orientation schedule is subject to change.
Requirements for Enrollment:
- LA Compulsory School Attendance Law: RS17-221 states that any child under the age of 18 must be enrolled in a Public or Private Day School unless they graduate prior to their 18th Birthday.
- Must have a Valid Government issued ID Card to complete placement testing for intake assessment purposes.
- Students at least 16 years of age, and under 18 years of age are not eligible to enroll without an approved Waiver from their local School Board. Please contact your office of Child Welfare and Attendance/ Student Services for Waiver forms. Completed Waiver (AWR-1) forms must be submitted to the Adult Education staff at the time of placement testing.
- There is no cost to the student for classes at this time. However, all students are expected to provide their own school supplies for completing assignments and engaging in the learning processs. All curriculum related material will be provided by the Program.
- All Home School Students between the ages of 16 and less than the age of 18,that desire to enter Adult Ed are required to have an approved Age Waiver from the local Child Welfare & Attendance Office. Only Home School Students with a DOE Approved Diploma are exempt from the Waiver Requirement. LA Home School Information
- Students that completed YCP and have a Certificate are allowed to enter during any Registration without prior approval regardless of age.
Further information on the LA HiSET Testing Program requirements can be found on the following link: HiSET Test Requirements for LA
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.