St. Helena Adult Education
Adult Education/HiSET Prep at our Florida Parishes Campus
7067 Hwy 10
Greensburg, LA 70441
Send an email
Orientation and placement testing for Summer 2021 is now closed.
Click here to reserve a seat for the August and September (2021) WorkReadyU-Adult Education orientation.
UPDATE: Greensburg Adult Education Classes
WorkReady U - Adult Education classes at the Florida Parishes Campus in Greensburg will begin with new student orientations on August 25th & August 26th. The previous dates of August 11th and August 12th were cancelled. Students that signed up for orientations on August 11th and 12th were contacted via e-mail to pre-register for the new dates of August 25th and August 26th. Students that completed placement testing in June 2021 will not need to complete orientation in August, and were contacted by e-mail the week regarding their class starting date for Fall 2021 classes. Additional dates of September 22nd and September 23rd were added to the calendar for the Florida Parishes campus. Please e-mail the adult education department at email@example.com if there are any questions.
* Program offerings and the orientation schedule is subject to change.
Requirements for Enrollment:
- LA Compulsory School Attendance Law: RS17-221 states that any child under the age of 18 must be enrolled in a Public or Private Day School unless they graduate prior to their 18th Birthday.
- Must have a Valid Government issued ID Card to complete placement testing for intake assessment purposes.
- Students at least 16 years of age, and under 18 years of age are not eligible to enroll without an approved Waiver from their local School Board. Please contact your office of Child Welfare and Attendance/ Student Services for Waiver forms. Completed Waiver (AWR-1) forms must be submitted to the Adult Education staff at the time of placement testing.
- There is no cost to the student for classes at this time. However, all students are expected to provide their own school supplies for completing assignments and engaging in the learning processs. All curriculum related material will be provided by the Program.
- All Home School Students between the ages of 16 and less than the age of 18,that desire to enter Adult Ed are required to have an approved Age Waiver from the local Child Welfare & Attendance Office. Only Home School Students with a DOE Approved Diploma are exempt from the Waiver Requirement. LA Home School Information
- Students that completed YCP and have a Certificate are allowed to enter during any Registration without prior approval regardless of age.
Further information on the LA HiSET Testing Program requirements can be found on the following link: HiSET Test Requirements for LA