Washington Parish Adult Education
Adult Education / HiSET Prep in Washington Parish
1710 Sullivan Drive
Bogalusa, LA 70427
Send an email
Fill out the pre-registration form here.
- All students must attend testing and orientation before starting class. (schedule below)
- Based on placement test scores, day students will be assigned their class time. (Class A/B or C)
- Classes will begin the week following orientation/testing for Sessions 1 & 2. Session 3 class start is TBA.
- 16 and 17 year olds must present an approved age waiver from the school board office & picture ID at testing.
- 18 year olds must present an official drop slip from the last school attended & picture ID at testing.
- All students must present a picture ID at testing.
- Must be 18 years or older to attend evening classes.
- Students should bring a lunch/snacks on testing day.
Completing both Registration and Placement Testing days (2 days) is required to successfully enroll in class.
August 13 (9:00 am - 2:00 pm) & August 14 (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
September 3 (9:00 am - 2:00 pm) & September 4 (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
October 28 (9:00 am - 2:00 pm) & October 29 (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
January 14 (9:00 am - 2:00 pm) & January 15 (9:00 am - 3:00 pm)
February 17 (9:00 am - 2:00 pm) & February 18 (9:00 am - 3:00 pm)
March 16 (9:00 am - 2:00 pm) & March 17 (9:00 am - 3:00 pm)(Cancelled, future date TBD)
Requirements for Enrollment:
- LA Compulsory School Attendance Law: RS17-221 states that any child under the age of 18 must be enrolled in a Public or Private School unless they graduate prior to their 18th Birthday.
- Students must have a Valid Government Issued ID Card & SSN to complete registration.
- 18 Year Old students must produce an Official Drop Slip from the last school attended to registers with Adult Education.
- 18 Year Old Home School Students must provide a copy of their LA State Home School Application.
- Students under the age of 18 are not eligible to enroll without an Approved Waiver (AWR-1) from their local School Board and the Adult Education Director. Please contact your office of Child Welfare & Attendance for Waiver forms. Use this link to access the LCTCS web page for Waiver Information.
- There is no-cost to attend classes, all students are required to bring a Notebook/Binder and pen/pencil to each class. All books and other material will be provided by the Program.
- All Home School students under 18 Years Old are required to submit an AWR-2 waiver to the local Child Welfare & Attendance Office. Please review BESE Bulletin for details.
- Students that have completed YCP and have a Certificate are allowed to enter during any registration without prior approval.