She Means Business
Northshore Technical Community College is thrilled to present its SHE Means Business Luncheon series! The luncheons invite business and community leaders throughout the Northshore parishes to celebrate women in STEM careers (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). Distinguished local and national speakers share their incredible stories centered on women and leadership, the importance of supporting women in STEM, and the how-to's in building networks of support that promote health and wellness in high demand, high wage careers.
"Despite making up nearly half of the U.S. workforce, women are still vastly underrepresented in the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) workforce.Women made gains – from 8% of STEM workers in 1970 to 27% in 2019 – but men still dominated the field. Men made up 52% of all U.S. workers but 73% of all STEM workers." (uscensus.gov, 1/26/2021)
The SHE Means Business Luncheon increases awareness of regional STEM-related education and workforce opportunities while celebrating and encouraging women in STEM careers. Proceeds directly benefit the Northshore College Enhancement Foundation Scholarship Fund and provide scholarships to women enrolled in STEM programs at Northshore Technical Community College.
Thank you for supporting our mission of "Building Futures" close to home!
Highlights from past events:
St. Tammany Parish - February 28, 2018
- Event Calendar
- Gator Tail 5K Trail Run, Saturday October 28, 2023
- William S. Wainwright, PhD, Scholarship Fund
- 2023 Chancellor's Scholarship Breakfast, April 6, 2023, Benedict's in Mandeville
- 2023 Inaugural Chancellor's Scholarship Luncheon, April 6, 2023, The Oaks in Ponchatoula
- Gators Give Internal Giving Campaign
- Alumni Relations
- NCEF Board of Directors
- Download a Donor Information Packet (opens in new window)
- The NaviGATOR
- Sign up for "Gator Good News" newsletter
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.