Step 3: Assess College Readiness
To help evaluate which courses you should take at NTCC, be sure to submit your high school transcript, college transcripts (if applicable), and assessment test scores.
- Submit high school transcript: If you have earned a high school diploma or completed an equivalency exam, submit your official transcript (or equivalency diploma) to NTCC.
- Submit college transcripts: If you have earned college credit at another university or college, request an official transcript to be sent to NTCC.
- Complete the Accuplacer assessment: In order to fully assess college readiness, you will need to complete an Accuplacer assessment. Some students may be exempt from this requirement (including those with acceptable ACT or SAT scores; go here to read more).
- Additional information about submitting transcripts and taking the Accuplacer assessment.
- Review your Admissions Checklist on LoLA to see which application documents you need to submit to NTCC.
Transcripts and Assessment
To help evaluate which courses you should take in your first semester, be sure to submit high school and/or college transcripts to NTCC and complete the Accuplacer assessment.
- Transcripts may be submitted electronically to Northshore at participating colleges and universities. Inquire with your former college or university to find out if electronic transcripts are available.
College and high school transcripts can also be mailed address of the campus you plan to attend: Campus Information
The Acccuplacer assessment is a tool that helps NTCC evaluate which courses you should take at NTCC. The assessment focuses on the following topics: reading, writing, and math.
- Taking the Accuplacer exam:
- The Accuplacer exam is offered at various testing centers throughout NTCC
- Review where and when testing is offered and information about the exam fee here: Campus Information
- Be sure to prep for the Accuplacer assessment before taking it: Preparing for the Accuplacer exam
Some students may be exempt from taking the Accuplacer exam:
- Students with qualifying ACT/SAT scores may be exempt from taking the Accuplacer exam (ACT/SAT scores expire three years after the exam is completed).
- Students who have previously taken the Accuplacer or COMPASS exam within three years are eligible to transfer these scores to NTCC.
- Students who have successfully completed certain college level math and English courses may be exempt.
- To find out whether you need to complete the Accuplacer exam, visit the Student Services office at your NTCC campus.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.