Student Learning Outcomes
The creation off well-written Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) is critical to the entire assessment process. In order to assess student learning, there must first be agreement on what students should be able to do as a result of the teaching and learning process. Resources are provided below to help faculty with reviewing and constructing student learning outcome statements.
Review the training videos below that introduce key concepts related to student learning outcomes, then review the worksheet that follows. (Note: videos below were designed as part of a master's level course at a university. Please ignore any reference to course-related assignments or activities)
- Video 1: Introduction to Student Learning Outcomes (7 minutes)
- Video 2: Cognitive Outcomes (9 minutes)
- Video 3: Affective Outcomes (7 minutes)
- Video 4: Psychomotor Outcomes (7 minutes)
- Video 5: Writing Student Learning Outcomes & Practice (10 minutes)
Review the worksheet below to apply concepts covered in the videos above towards development of a student learning outcome.
- Student Learning Outcome Statement Components (Worksheet)
Additional resources are available below to further reinforce concepts related to student learning outcomes.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.